Friday, February 19, 2010

Two Moss Balls Are Better Than One

I bought this little dish thingy at the thrift store for $1.50 the other day. It is made out of metal. I knew exactly what I was going to do with it.


Rather than add this little guy to the "waiting to be painted" pile, I got out the Glidden and brush and went to town. It took three coats because I didn't prime...oops. Since I already had the paint out, I decided to paint the small urn from a couple of posts ago too.


For a finishing touch, I added some glaze. This is my first time using it and can I just say that I'm in love! It is so easy to use and really makes the details pop. I will be using it lots more in future projects.



I wasn't able to find a cast away basketball for this project and didn't want to spend a fortune on a Styrofoam ball...but I did have a bazillion of these grapevine balls stashed away and just covered one with moss. Easy peasy!



I love them!! Best of all...they were SUPER cheap and I think they're FABULOUS!!