Friday, December 11, 2009

An Easy Frame Re-purpose

I found these pictures at the thrift store. The fact that I bought them (I HATE dogs) is just plain funny. The pictures were not what led me to buy these, it was the frames. I love them. They are a great color as is and are naturally antiqued. After getting the backs off of the frames, I discovered that they are from the 50's. The frames are well built and the glass is actually glass...imagine that.



The first item of business was to cut the matte squared to get rid of the angled corners.




Next, I swapped out those ugly dogs for these cute boys!


Next, I took two types of ribbon and layered them.



Attached the ribbon to the back of the frames.


Lastly, I made a loop to attach the pictures to this hook from Hobby Lobby.




I'm pleased with the way this turned out. Easy, inexpensive and fabulous!

No comments: