Monday, December 28, 2009

Sweet Christmas Clearance



Every year I promise myself that I will not buy any Christmas clearance, but for some reason every year I can't help myself! I always end out "just looking" at the clearance. So this year was no different except for I found these great deals on Christmas Eve when I was buying things at Smith's for dinner... cute stuff at Smith's you ask...yes, way cute stuff. Here's the break down...


Three 6 in. wreaths (big plans for these next year) $1.75 a piece.


Snowman plate thingy $1.75.


Five plate chargers $o.75 a piece.


Play money $0.50 a piece (I will be using these for a fun chores incentive for the kids...they will earn fake money which can be redeemed at the Bodrero family store or an outing, that's another post entirely).


10x20 in. picture of Santa. $5.00


Pine cones- $1.25, stocking- $1.00, garland- $0.62, crate- $o.75



Five dessert plates $0.31 a piece...sweet!!


Eight snowflake glasses $0.31 a piece.


The grand total $24.90!! Now do you see why I can't help myself?




I made the star pictured below. I used some paper I had on hand just to see if I could do it...I can! I plan to use this idea next year in some more Christmasy colors. Super easy and I love stars.

2 comments:

angie said...

Love the star!!

Unknown said...

Cami...I found your blog through another (Beneath my Heart)...LOVE your photo string...I have an issue with ditching items before my brain catches up and says, but you could do this!! I'm trying to get better;) Don't be unsure of yourself...you have some great ideas going on!! And trial and error is a great way to find your personal flair!!

Take care~Sara
http://thatgirl-tales.blogspot.com/