Sunday, January 3, 2010

Post Christmas Decorating

So I got the Christmas decorations down and just didn't know where to start. I was tired of my old stuff and the arrangement of the furniture in our living room. I moved a couple of things and it looks so much better. I set out all of my accessories and started working my magic....what little I have. :) I moved things around over and over until things felt just right. My husband seriously thought I was crazy, but he was really patient with me.

Since we are in such a small home right now, there aren't many surfaces for me to decorate. I'm sharing pictures of the three main places I get to decorate...minus my hutch that I'm still working on.

I had some red berries in this jar below, but had know idea what to put it in post Christmas. I combined these three:

Into this...I'm not sure if that plant looks okay in there, but I like it...I guess that's all that matters right?


I eventually took the letter 'B' off, added a different ribbon and tied it to this urn that I got at an antique store...I LOVE the green color, but it needed a little somethin' extra.



Here are some other pics from the living room:

This hutch is the first piece of furniture I ever painted. I bought it at a garage sale in AZ. It is the top part of a bookcase, but I think it looks great as is. I'm going to paint it black in the summer when the weather warms up.



I made these cones a couple of months ago...I love them sooo much! I saw the idea on the blog Just a Girl. The table that these goodies sit on will get a makeover this summer. My husband bought it for me at an antique store. It has a lot of character, which you can't see in this pic.





Decorating this table always stresses me out! I change it up repeatedly before it feels right. I got that pine cone thing at the D.I. and it is begging to be painted...it will just have to wait, it's too stinkin' cold outside. I very hesitantly added ribbon to the candles {I'm kind of unsure of myself}, I was surprised at how much I liked it. I won the plaque in a blog giveaway hosted by Beneath My Heart. I treasure it!! I hung another 'B' onto the lamp and used the same ribbon that I used on the candles.

The 'B' close up. Isn't it cute?

2 comments:

angie said...

Looks great, Cami! You shouldn't be unsure of yourself. You have a great eye for decor! That's why I need you down here with me. :(

Room to Inspire said...

The photos are all great - and I WANT to get my hands on the large fleur-de-lis you have above your hutch! Love it.

Chelsea