Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Decorating Contentment

We bought this hutch last summer. There is so much I love about it, but don't really get into blonde woods. It is in flawless condition and doesn't need to be painted, but I just can't fight the itch to paint it...I think it's a disease! So, I'm thinking when the weather warms up, it will get added to the paint list, it is getting really long!

For a couple of months this piece of furniture has been kind a drop off surface for papers, ribbon, thrift store finds etc.

I finally cleared it off and attempted to decorate it.

The frames with the letters in them get changed out for each season...have you ever noticed that the seasons all have six letters in them (I use Autumn instead of Fall)? I was super excited when I found that out!




Three of the plates are from Hobby Lobby and the smaller one is from D.I.


The pear is from Michael's...it's actually a gourd, but I thought it looked enough like a pear, if you don't mind the brown color. :) The stand it is sitting on was a D.I. find.


The frame was a Christmas party win and the topiary is a fix up from D.I.


I achieved the balance I have been craving for this piece of furniture and like the color scheme too. Finally it feels right and I am very content.



Onto the next thing...my dad was going to throw this picture out until I arrived just in time and said "No!!!" I mean how could he throw this beauty away? The cross stitch is hideous, but the frame...I saw huge potential in the frame and have big plans for it. I will reveal when it's done. It will be getting a nice fresh coat of black paint in the process. The clapping lady man were deposited in the trash thank you very much.


I'm lovin' the detail on this frame!


1 comment:

Jamielyn said...

Thank you! I love those plates, and how you put each letter in a different frame. So cute!