Sunday, January 31, 2010

Quick, Easy Topiary

This is another borrowed idea. I found it at Creations by Kara. I love topiaries in all their varieties! I would say that I'm a bit obsessed...I have too many to count...okay I just counted them...I have twelve, that doesn't sound like a lot. Anywho, when I saw this on Cara's blog, I knew I was going to do it and began the process of finding the perfect ball. Most of the little balls that our boys have are buried in feet of snow and I thought I was going to have to wait until spring until I found this little ball under our bed! It was a souvenir for our littlest from Disneyland, so it wasn't the cheapest ball, but I think we have gotten our money's worth out of it, so it was the lucky ball to be covered in green moss.

The supplies needed are a small ball (you could buy a foam ball at the store if needed), a container to hold your topiary (I got mine at Hobby Lobby), and green moss. I found my moss at the Dollar Tree. You will also need a glue gun.


You just start gluing the moss onto the ball until it is covered and ta-da, you have a homemade topiary, for cheap!



I plan to paint the urn antique white when it's warm again, to add some contrast.



1 comment:

angie said...

That turned out great! Look at you...making your own topiery!