Friday, January 29, 2010

Valentine's Day Wreath

I have been looking through blogs for wreath ideas and found lots! I eventually decided to combine a couple and this is what I came up with. This wreath took about 4 hours to do...seriously! I started it last night and finished it this afternoon. I really enjoyed making this. One of our sons helped me last night and it was so nice to sit and visit with him. He was having a hard time sleeping and I was happy to have the help and company. Our youngest was my happy assistant today and it was fun to spend time with him too.


First, you need to cut about a million of these! I used 1 1/2 yards of fabric total. I ran out last night and had to go back to the store today for more. I cut the fabric into strip and then squares and then circles. I won't lie, it took a ton of time.


I didn't take step by step pictures, but I wrapped the fabric around the end of a sharp pencil, dipped it in glue and pushed it into the heart...repeat this step a million times until it looks full.


I love it!! It has texture and color which are favorites of mine.


I am growing more and more fond of the color red...




1 comment:

angie said...

You were right, I LOVE IT! Maybe is was the color pink that really turned me off of the other wreaths. I love the fabric. Too bad it took forever. :(